NCT is pleased to announce its first ever Nebraska Playwright Showcase! The featured plays will be chosen by a selection committee.
Email your script and contact information to email@example.com
• Our intent is to produce approximately 3 one-act plays as the Spring 2023 regular season show at NECC. The final number of one acts may vary based on length of the combined showcase.
• Communication between playwrights and selection committee will be via the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our playwright/selection committee facilitator will anonymize playwright submissions before forwarding them to the selection committee. Any questions that need committee review will be anonymized before forwarding.
• Current NCT Board members who submit their own work may not be on the selection committee.
• Submissions due via email by 11:59pm June 30, 2022. Playwrights will receive a confirmation email from NCT upon submission.
• Works must never have been performed on stage in front of an audience prior to the NCT Showcase.
• NCT will pay royalties for NCT performances.
• NCT receives limited rights for video and still imagery for our production.
• Playwright retains all rights to the work.
• The NCT showcase has a limited number of performances that do not reach the standard of “World Premier”, which is 12 professional productions.
• Ideally not to exceed 45 minutes, no minimum length; NCT will work with authors to shorten works if needed.
• No specific number of actors is recommended by NCT.
• No specific theme is recommended by NCT.
• For ease of production the script should require a minimal set
• Playwright must be available to work with the director in the rehearsal process as requested by individual directors, including being available in the Spring of 2023 at NECC for some rehearsals.